There are several benefits of using our WirelessTrakker with the Ubiquiti UniFi Controller compared to using just the Ubiquiti UniFi Controller Software.
- To get the most out of the Ubiquiti UniFi Access Points you need to have the Ubiquity UniFi Controller Software running on a server all of the time. With WirlessTrakker the UniFi Controller Software is running all the time on our appliance and maintained by K12USA compared to you installing it on your own server and you maintaining it.
- If you want to use Wireless Enterprise Authentication (WPA), WirelessTrakker has a RADIUS server built-in so it can talk directly to Active Directory for Authentication compared to Ubiquiti requires you to configure your own RADIUS server to talk to Active Directory and that can be a difficult process. WirelessTrakker can use SecureSchool for authentication if you do not have Active Directory
- WirelessTrakker provides the VLAN routing for the wireless networks to support multiple SSIDs compared to you needing a switch capable of VLAN routing and configure it yourself. Both solutions require switches that support 802.1q VLAN tagging.
- WirelessTrakker has a built-in DHCP and DNS servers for wireless SSIDs compared to Ubiquiti, you would have configured your own DHCP and DNS servers.
- WirelessTrakker has an integrated firewall allowing you to restrict access to network resources if needed or wanted compared to you having to set ACLs (Access Control Lists) on your network switches if they support it.
- WirelessTrakker provides you with new dedicated hardware, unlimited tech support, and a familiar user interface for existing SecureSchool customers, all pre-configured for your network.
For more information call and talk to one of our techs, 877-225-0100
Ubiquiti Networks - UBNT - ubnt - ubiquiti