LogMeIn.com is a web based service that allows remote control of a computer using a web browser as a client. The "server" or "host" that you want to control runs a piece of server software that stays on constant contact with the LogMeIn servers. SecureSchool needs to be configured to allow this traffic to go through to let LogMeIn work.
These are also the directions for another service offered by LogMeIn.com, called "Join.me". There is one addition, which is pointed out later in the directions.
Note: As with any remote control software, you need to be careful on who you open this up to. If you allow remote control software, you're allowing a very easy way to bypass Internet filtering.
SecureSchool, ISBossBox, LibraryDoor, LogMeIn.com
To make LogMeIn.com work, you need to allow access to the site for the groups you want to allow access to, as well as make some firewall rules to allow the client software to connect. Additionally, the client software needs to be told to use the proxy server...it needs this to login to the service.
To unfilter LogMeIn.com, follow these directions:
- Go to "Website Filtering" -> "Website Access"
- Select the filter set you want to allow LogMeIn.com for
- Click on "Add s Site"
- For the URL, enter "logmein.com"
- Enter a reason
- Make the site "Unfiltered"
- Select any other filter sets that may be needed
- Click on Submit
If you are trying to allow the "Join.Me" service, follow the same steps above, but add "join.me" in addition to "logmein.com".
Create Firewall Rules
Next we need to create firewall rules:
- Go to "Firewall" -> "Protocol Rules" -> "Add A Rule"
- Name: "LogMeIn.com"
- Log Packets: "None"
- Type: "Allow"
- Protocol: "TCP"
- Direction: "From Inside"
- Source Address: "0.0.0.0/0"
- Source Port: Leave blank
- Destination Address: "18.104.22.168/23"
- Destination Port: leave blank
- Repeat the above, but this time use "22.214.171.124/24" as the destination address.
- Repeat the above, but this time use "126.96.36.199/23" as the destination address.
- Repeat the above, but this time use "188.8.131.52/24" as the destination address.
- Repeat the above, but this time use "184.108.40.206/23" as the destination address.
- Repeat the above, but this time use "220.127.116.11/23" as the destination address.
- Repeat the above, but this time use "18.104.22.168/24" as the destination address.
- Repeat the above, but this time use "22.214.171.124/24" as the destination address.
Once you do all that, you can click on Commit Changes and restart. SecureSchool's end of the setup is now complete. Now all you need to do is in the settings of the LogMeIn "server" that runs on the target computer, configure it to use SecureSchool as a Proxy server. If you use authentication at your location, also enter appropriate authentication credentials.
You should now restart your LogMeIn client, and it should connect to LogMeIn.com successfully.