Here we detail the changes you need to make to your SecureSchool appliance to allow NWEA testing website for the LockDown Browser.
SecureSchool, ISBossBox, LibraryDoor
1.) To make NWEA Website Testing work through SecureSchool, you need to create several firewall rules. Go to "Firewall" -> "Protocol Rules" -> "Add A Rule". Add a rule using these settings:
- Rule Name: NWEA Website Testing
- Reason: Allow Access to NWEA Website Testing
- Type: Allow
- Protocol: ALL
- Direction: From All Inside Interfaces
- Source Address: "0.0.0.0/0"
- Source Port: Leave blank
- Destination Address: Hostname >> www.nwea.org
- Destination Port: Leave blank
- Add Protocol Rule
Repeat the process above with the destination address "cdn.mapnwea.org" and "188.8.131.52/24" **For the IP you must change the destination address to IP ADDRESS instead of hostname**
2.) To make NWEA Website Testing work through SecureSchool, you need to make these certain sites unfiltered. Goto "Website Filtering" -> "Website Access" -> "Add a Site". Add a site using these settings:
- URL: cdn.mapnwea.org
- Reason for Change: Allow access to PARCC Testing
- Filtering: Unfiltered
- Port Access: Select/Check "Add Port Access Rules"
- Select All: Select ALL Filter Sets
Repeat the process above with the URL of "nwea.org".
3.) To make NWEA Website Testing work through SecureSchool ,you need to make certain sites an Authentication Exception. Goto "Website Filtering" -> "Authentication Exception" -> "Add a site" Add a site using these settings:
Repeat the process above with the URL of "nwea.org"
4.) Once you are done, go to "Commit Changes" then restart.
5.) Also the "Lockdown Browser" does NOT support Auto Detect or Proxy Auto Configuration. It will only work properly if you set the Proxy Server explicitly.
- You can check this on Windows by going to Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections -> Lan Settings and the Proxy Server section at the bottom should be filled in.