Users can use the instructions below to make our web-based mail services the default E-mail program for their computer. This means clicking on mailto: links in a web browser will open up the E-mail compose window with the mailto: information already entered.
- Right-click this link and save the k12usa_mail.reg file to your desktop.
- After the download is complete, double-click the file. When you are asked if you want to add the information to the registry, answer Yes.
- Next, open the Internet Explorer browser, and go to Tools > Internet Options > Programs. Under the E-mail drop down, you can now choose one of our services to be your default E-mail program. Select it, then click the OK button.
- You will need to install a third-party program named Yahoo! Mailer. This small program was designed to work with any web-based E-mail software.
Obtain the software from one of the links below:
- Copy the Yahoo! Mailer program from the disk image it was delivered in to your Applications folder.
- Open the Yahoo! Mailer program
- Enter this text into the dialog box: http://www.k12usa.com/webmail2/send.asp?mte=1&data=mailto:%@
- Click the set URL button to close the program
- Open the Mail program provided with the OS X operating system.
- Click the Mail menu choice, then click on Preferences...
- Click the General icon.
- Choose Select... from the pop-up selector next to Default Email Reader:
- Locate the Yahoo! Mailer program in the file dialog box, then click the Select button.
- Close the preferences dialog boxes and quit the Mail program.