Some components of the Smart Tech installation and update software does not read proxy settings consistently, and has problems authenticating to SecureSchool.
SecureSchool, ISBossBox, LibraryDoor
With some of the Smart Tech software (for example, SmartBoards), you need to make some changes in SecureSchool to allow it to contact their servers to activate itself and to install the software & updates:
To unfilter smarttech.com, follow these directions:
1. Go to Website Filtering -> Website Access and add "smarttech.com" as an unfiltered site for all of your Filter Sets.
2. Go to Website Filtering -> Authentication Exceptions and add "18.104.22.168" and "smarttech.com"
as Authentication Exceptions
3. Go to Firewall -> Protocol Rules and add the following rule:
- Name: SmartTech.com
- Type: Allow
- Protocol: TCP
- Direction: From Inside
- Source Address: "0.0.0.0/0"
- Destination Address: "22.214.171.124/24"
4. Repeat the above, but this time use "126.96.36.199" as the destination address.
5. Repeat the above, but this time use "188.8.131.52" as the destination address.
6. Repeat the above, but this time use "184.108.40.206" as the destination address.
Once you make these changes, commit, and restart, the SmartTech software should work normally.