Pokémon Go is a free-to-play mobile app that you can download for iOS or Android. The game works by using your phone’s GPS for your real-world location and augmented reality to bring up those cool-looking Pokémon on your screen. In this article, we detail the changes you need to make to ensure it is blocked on your network through SecureSchool.
The following will fully block Pokémon Go on your wireless network.
- Go to Website Filtering > Website Access > Add a Site
- Website Address: pgorelease.nianticlabs.com
- Reason For Change: Block Pokemon Go
- Filtering: Blocked
- Select all applicable filter sets.
- Commit Changes and Restart.